Re: [Wg-test-framework] linux 3.14.34 failure to detect disks on C600 storage controller

I still think it's the initfs.  There's a lot of magic that happens when
creating the initfs and I've been burned by the magic getting confused in the
past.

I guess I need to understand your build process better.  If you are building a
kernel on machine A and then booting on machine B you can get hit by subtle
issues in the build process.  The biggest issue is that, when creating the
initfs, by default the system identifies which kernel modules to include in the
initfs based upon what kernel modules are currently loaded on the build
machine.  If your build machine, for example, is using IDE disks and the target
machine is running SCSI expect to have problems.

On a related note, I've run into issues where Linux has split a module into 2
separate modules which confuses the initfs magic and required manual
intervention.

Another thing to try is to upgrade the Debian kernel on this machine.  You say
that Debian wheezy running 3.2 works, can you just update the that machine to
sid (which uses the 3.16) kernel and then see what modules are needed, that
might tell us what's wrong.

--
Don Dugger