Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-users] New name for Kronos? [was XCP 1.5 availability]

This article is brings up a good point about XEN and the writers/professionals believed view of it being gone in 10 years.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/121311-hypervisor-roundtable-253986.html

Do people even care about the Hypervisor anymore? As Linus once said about the kernel "Some day people will realize the kernel doesn't matter anymore". May not be a direct quote.Â

I think most of the top Hypervisors are equally capable and it's the management stacks around them that's truly important. In 10 years all of the current hypervisors may be gone. Who knows.

Grant McWilliams
http://grantmcwilliams.com/

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."Â
Now they have two problems.Â