Re: [Xen-API] Please review: Xapi Project roadmap

On 21/06/13 13:51, gizmochicken wrote:
Mike,

I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this question but...

If I'm not mistaken, the version of xcp-xapi that is currently
packaged for Debian/Ubuntu is a bit older than the version of xcp-xapi
found in XCP 1.6.  Is an updated version of xcp-xapi, packaged for
Debian/Ubuntu, in the works?

Nope, this is a perfect place for that! You probably noticed that there's no specific item on the roadmap for Debian/Ubuntu. Instead, we're working on being a better upstream project that will work a little more out-of-the box on distros other than XCP (with just a little tweaking, instead of massive patching). This work is currently ongoing under various codenames, such as "Fusion," which you'll find on the roadmap.

The roadmap as it is isn't nearly descriptive enough to explain all of the things we're doing to Xapi right now. I'm treating this as a starting point for opening up the discussion around Xapi's development, and not the end goal.

Mike