Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic while compiling kernel

> On Friday 13 February 2004 12:42, Tvrtko A. Ur¹ulin wrote:
>
> > > If you use the correct image for DOM1 (i.e., one of the first lines
> > > from DOM1 should have a timestamp saying 11:04) then can you still
> > > cause a crash?
> >
> > Not yet :) Just kidding, everything seems to be fine now.
>
> To reply to my own post, with your version (11:04) everything is fine. But my
> 1.2 (bk pulled this morning) compiled with gcc 2.95.3 is still causing kernel
> panic.

Pull the very latest 1.2 (Changeset 1.720). Build Xen/Xenolinux from
scratch with 2.95.3. Make sure you use _your_ image files for booting
Xen, DOM0, and any other domains that you create. Also make sure that
you use the latest xc tools (reinstall them from the latest
repository) -- it shouldn't make a difference (interfaces haven't
changed in v1.2 for quite a while), but better safe than sorry.

If you can still cause a crash then let me know. :-)

 -- Keir