RE: [Xen-devel] Re: Lockup at boot with nFroce SATA

  • To: Cédric Schieli <cschieli@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:03:58 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:27:00 +0000

> > My guess would be that there's some code in the driver that
> is taking
> > liberties with treating physical and bus addresses as the
> same. If you
> > can add some tracing to the driver to narrow things down we may be
> > able to help you.
>
> I have very similar problem with sata_via (SCSI) driver.
> Can you give me pointers to track down the problem ?

Are you getting a hang or a kernel oops?

See if the driver has any debug tracing you can enable. If not, just sprinkle
some printk's around. Pay particular attention to any 'virt_to_phy' or similar
functions - they should probably be virt_to_bus.

I suspect the problem is localised to the driver, as the sata_promise driver
works for us just fine.

Ian