Re: [Xen-devel] xen,bproc and grub

> > > so far I see:
> > >   3 - Page Size Extensions (4MB) 0
> > > whereas the x86_32.S seems assume 4MB pages support.
> > oh oh!
> > seems like that assumption needs repair :-)
>
> It could certainly be repaired, but all new C3s (based on Nehemia
> core) have PSE, and more recent ones (stepping 8+) even have a local
> APIC. The Samuel-2 CPUS are rather weedy -- there is not much point in
> virtualising them.

I'm sort of wondering if missing PSE is the only issue I would face here.

comparing c3-2 datascheet and xen sources/papers it seems that xen uses
following stuff that are misseed in c3-2

        4mb pages
        fast calls
        page attribute table
        virtual mode extension

maybe some others.. although i'm not sure if any of those are critical for
correct operation of xen.... in particular that PAT seems worriesome.

we already covered PSE, any comments on other features?