[Xen-devel] Re: CCISS Driver (for DL360) useable with 2.4.27-xen0 ?

CCISS Problem [SOLVED] !!

But another problem is coming up.

I'm not able to increase the maxmem from a domain.

Example:
my domain has a maxmem from e.g. 64MB
Using the balloon driver, I'm able to decrease/increase the memory from 0-64MB
without a problem.

Now I've tried to increase the maxmem to 128M using
xm maxmem MyDomain 128

But 'xm list' reports still 64M.

Then I've tested to decrese the maxmem value:

xm maxmem MyDomain 30M

This works... using the balloon command, I'm not able to increase over 30M of
Mem.

But... when I wan't increase the maxmem from 30M to 64M again, this results in
"nothing" useful.
maxmem is still 30M :/

btw: Is the HIGHMEM kernel a problem ?

[root@pl370_node3 xen-src]# grep HIGH /boot/config-2.4.27-xen0
# CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM is not set
CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y
CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
CONFIG_HIGHIO=y

another potential useful info:

[root@myhost xen-src]# xm info
system                 : Linux
host                   : myhost
release                : 2.4.27-xen0
version                : #5 Wed Nov 17 13:16:29 CET 2004
machine                : i686
cores                  : 1
hyperthreads_per_core  : 2
cpu_mhz                : 2799