[Xen-devel] Re: Xen on IA64

Welcome Phillipe!

> platform is an
> oldÂLION (HP rx4610)Â(4xIA64Â- 666 MHz, 1GB
> memory).

This is an old Itanium 1 (i.e. Merced) box that I don't
believe anyone is selling anymore.  (All currently sold
servers are Itanium 2, i.e. McKinley)  It may work,
though recent versions of Linux (and thus Xenlinux) may
require a CONFIG option, and some Linux ia64 distributions
(e.g. RHEL4) have obsoleted support for Itanium 1.

If you have access to an Itanium 2 server, I recommend
you use that instead as otherwise you may run into problems
that will be hard to reproduce.  The Lion could still be used
as a development platform...
> When I tries to boot
> Xen, I have the two following messages and then
> nothing... (which is
> normal because XenoLinux for IA64 doesn't exist):
>
> ÂÂÂ Loading xen... Loading
> Linux... ..done
>
> ÂÂÂ

See my posting a few minutes ago responding to
Haavard about serial ports.

Also, I've never seen the initrd message before from
Xen/ia64.  Elilo loads xenlinux as the initrd so xenlinux
(currently) can't support modules.  Perhaps your elilo.conf
needs to be changed?

Hope that helps!
Dan