Re: [Xen-devel] Question about CPU utilization

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 17:23 -0800, Eric Tessler wrote:
> Is there anyway to get the CPU utilization for a machine as a whole -
> one that includes all domains (domain 0 + domain U)?
>
> Eric

Just to chime in... I don't believe this feature exists, but it seems to
be one that many people desire.  Some sort of tool to be able to view
resource usage of domains in a real-time environment (xentop?) with a
"batch" option for scripts would be ideal.

The primary purposes would be to peg down what domains are using what
resources and help track down problems.  An example I can think of is if
a domain is using too much CPU and/or I/O and causing all domains to
slow down.  I'd like to be able to quickly track the trouble domain
down.  Right now knowing the total seconds a domain has used since
creation is no help in that situation.

--
Thanks,
Matt