Re: [Xen-devel] Bridging firewall?

> Is it possible with Xen to construct something like the following scenario.
>
> Free/NetBSD (*) domU server running pf or Linux/iptables, acting as a
> routing or bridging firewall for all the other domU guests? Further more
> create virtual DMZ and internal services.
>
> You'd probably keep the dom0 instance otherside this setup, with its own
> filtering arrangement.

If you give direct network device access to first domU you can set-up your
scheme fairly easily. Otherwise (in the standard setup) dom0 will be handling
all the incomming/outgoing traffic with no involvment from first domU (so no
firewall possible there).

Cheers
Gregor

> For instance, you have a subnet 192.168.1.0/24.  Put the dom0 on
> 192.168.1.254. Have the firewall router domU running on 192.168.1.1 and
> acting as the gateway for all the other machines on the subnet.
>

> (*) This is my dream, using pf for security and debian for serving the
> applications. ;)
>
> Nicholas

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur --- Anon