Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Netbsd-related build errors

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 21:10, Jared Rhine wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 19:51 -0800, Jared Rhine wrote:
> > Some very recent (today) change to the BK repository has broken the
> > build.  The error is in the Netbsd areas and enclosed below.
>
> Ok, maybe not in the repository itself, as I still get the errors I sent
> after a bk unpull.  Did something change today in
> netbsd-2.0-tools.tar.bz2 or the netbsd kernel?
>
> In any case, I build Xen at least a few times every day, and as of a
> couple hours ago, I can't build anymore.  It's possible it's in my
> environment, but the build environment itself is autobuilt from a script
> so the build process is very repeatable.
>
> Similar to my request to be able to easily avoid an ioemu build, it'd be
> nice to be able to skip netbsd as well as linux 2.4 builds for those who
> don't care for their application.

Take a look at the top level Makefile and the following line:

KERNELS ?= linux-2.6-xen0 linux-2.6-xenU  linux-2.4-xen0 linux-2.4-xenU
netbsd-2.0-xenU

It's telling it to build just about everything. This line was changed
when I pulled the testing and the unstable trees today. I think the 2.4
and netbsd items are supposed to be commented out, like the line below
it.

Just get rid of of the kernels you *don't* want to build on this line
and you'll probably be able to build again.

Thanks,

Dan