[Xen-devel] Reproducable data corruption on xen-unstable

With the xen-unstable snapshot from today (and also the fedora-patched
one from the 25th) I am seeing lots of display corruption, weird
behaviour and crashes and hangs in X. Here is a reproducable test case
(non-deterministic, but it fails every time for me) for crashing or
incorrect behaviour, in case this is useful:

Note when I say "crashes", I'm referring to userspace crashes.

To reproduce:

1. Boot into Fedora Core 3 under Xen (see http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart )
[not sure if this is necessary]

2. Disable X acceleration in Xorg.conf [not sure if this is necessary]

3. Download http://www.greenrd.org/sw/fptest/ which should be 100%
deterministic, but running under Xen-unstable, it isn't. It reads no
input, and just does lots of floating point tests.

4. Build it with ./build

5. Start up a Konsole and run ./test to run the test 100 times.

- Note it will NOT fail if you are using an xterm (presumably because they use different rendering techniques, and presumably the technique used by xterm makes this memory corruption or whatever it is much less likely to occur).

Nor will it fail on the console. I haven't tried other terminal emulators.

Expected results: The last test should complete with no errors

Actual results: After a while, one of the test runs either crashes, or detects floating-point errors, or both.

None of the anomalous behaviour occurs under the same Fedora-patched kernel when it is not compiled for Xen.
--
Robin