RE: [Xen-devel] common gdb stub

  • To: "Kip Macy" <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>, "Hollis Blanchard" <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:12:44 -0700
  • Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:12:36 +0000

No, no gdb stub in xen/ia64 right now.  The pdb-stub is
vestigial... there used to be one in xen/x86 (a debugger
that Alex Ho was doing, see
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~sos22/replay.bk/docs/misc/XenDebugger-HOWTO
http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/GRID.2004.49)
and the routines in it were accessed from common.

Because I've had the use of a good simulator, I haven't
had much use for an interactive debugger, but I'm sure
it will become useful at some point.  We had a similar
gdb-stub in vBlades and it sometimes came in handy.

Dan