Re: [Xen-devel] back/frontend drivers HelloWorld

On 25 Sep 2005, at 17:24, NAHieu wrote:

- Is that correct? ( I have some doubts about (2), as I see that the
drivers available in xen uses xenbus_driver.probe to detect domU's
driver?)

All correct, but you skip a few details.

In step 1, domU gets the event channel port via EVTCHNOP_alloc_unbound. It then writes that port value to xenstore.

In step 2, dom0 binds to the remote event-channel port via EVTCHNOP_bind_interdomain. This returns the allocated local port which is what is passed to bind_evtchn_to_irqhandler(). See code in drivers/xen/blkback/interface.c for a precise example of doing this -- probably best to steal that portion of code as a template.

Also, you can find code in blkfront/blkback to allocate a shared page in blkfront, allocate a grant reference for it, pass that to blkback and map the page thru the grant reference.

 -- Keir