Re: [Xen-devel] More on domU not starting -- HELP

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 14:57 -0600, Rob Gardner wrote:
> Ryan Grimm wrote:
>

> > I don't know what the desired behavior should be, but good point about
> > the two disk statements...i am able to now get the desired behavior by
> > using one like you suggested.
> >
> > mine now looks like:
> >
> > disk = [ 'phy:sda3,hda1,w', 'file:/path/to/image,hda1,w' ]
> >
> > so i dont need the /dev in front of sda3 after all...but i think that
> > if you export hda6 as hda6, you need to specify hda6 instead of sda1.
> > so i think your disk and root statements should be:
> >
> > disk = [ 'phy:hda6,hda6,w',
> >          'file:/xen/disk-images/dom1.fs,hda6,w']
> > root = "/dev/hda6 ro"

Do not or use any existing designations or reuse any for domU's.
In your case I am assuming you have a /dev/hda.

edit the domU fstab to /dev/sda1 for / and dev/sda2 for swap and the
domu config accordingly.

Do not use sda1 or sda2 for any additional domU's.

I will open up a bug on this shortly, this was bugging me for a while,
but with this workaround my domu's now come up 100% of the time every
time.

Regards,
Ted