RE: [Xen-devel] Bad clock ticking in xen0

  • To: "Tomas Kouba" <tomas@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 19:03:52 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 19:07:25 +0000

> I have a problem with too fast clock in dom0.
> The clock is 3-4times faster than 'real' clock.
> In users list I got an advice suggesting that it is a hw bug.
> But I have no other problem with the hw and I hope it is a
> xen bug (or my misconfiguration) and it can be fixed or workarounded.
>
> It happens on a notebook compaq evo N115 (Duron 996MHz).
> On my desktop with similar configuration there is no problem
> (xm dmesg attached for both).
>
> I tried to locate the bug myself but with no luck :( Could
> you please suggest some hints where to start debugging?

Please can you try putting 'lapic' on the grub xen command line. Haing
the dom0 dmesg output would be useful too.

I think we only have one other current report of this 'time too fast'
bug, so it must be quite hardware specific.

I presume you're using 3.0.0?

Ian