Re: [Xen-devel] x86_64 eth0 e1000_clean_tx_irq tx hang

>>> Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 16.02.06 12:36:29 >>>
>
>On 16 Feb 2006, at 03:07, Chris Wright wrote:
>
>> Here's a quick patch that fixes the issue (not ready to apply to
>> -unstable, since it's a file that's not in sparse tree).  Nitin, this
>> should fix your problem as well.  I'll work on a proper patch later
>> this
>> evening or tomorrow morning.
>
>Thanks for tracking this one down: it's been our major outstanding bug
>for a while now. We checked in a suitable fix to -unstable (change
>pci-dma-xen.c to explicitly include the asm-i386/mach-xen version of
>swiotlb.h).

This doesn't sound like a good thing to do, as that way all but this one file
will include the x86-64 version of it,
and you can easily get things out of sync (if e.g. the x86-64 version changes).
I would much favor the change being done
as originally posted; we have a similar same fix in our tree.

Jan