Re: [Xen-devel] x86_64 eth0 e1000_clean_tx_irq tx hang

On 16 Feb 2006, at 11:45, Jan Beulich wrote:

Thanks for tracking this one down: it's been our major outstanding bug
for a while now. We checked in a suitable fix to -unstable (change
pci-dma-xen.c to explicitly include the asm-i386/mach-xen version of
swiotlb.h).

This doesn't sound like a good thing to do, as that way all but this one file will include the x86-64 version of it, and you can easily get things out of sync (if e.g. the x86-64 version changes). I would much favor the change being done
as originally posted; we have a similar same fix in our tree.

In our tree, pci-dma-xen.c is the only file that uses the core swiotlb functions. Since it's an i386 file linked against our xen-i386 swiotlb, it seems to make sense for it to include explicitly the i386 swiotlb header file. The best fix of course is to merge the swiotlbs: maybe by incrementally modifying the xen-specific one to get it closer the generic swiotlb code.

 -- Keir