Re: [Xen-devel] FW: Is it a correct place for VBD information?

On 26 Jun 2006, at 03:03, Satoshi Uchida wrote:

/sys/class means description of a type of device (see Documentation/device-model/class.txt), and each device class defines a set of semantics and programming interface. Xen is not device, so it may be bad that these information locate under /sys/class.

/sys/devices means filesystem representation of the device tree.
So, I feel that these statistical information shouldn't locate under /sys/devices

There's all kinds of device-specific metadata under device directories in /sys/devices. So placing statistics under there seems fine to me as it keeps device-specific data together in one place -- the vbd directories can then get symlinked from /sys/class or /sys/hypervisor/xen in future if that is deemed to make sense, and all vbd-specific info is at once available at those new locations.

 -- Keir