Re: [Patch][RFC] Support "xm dump" (is Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Patch] Enable "sysrq c" handler for domU coredump)

Hi, all

>>   For example panic dump option is used when domU kernel is hungup,
>>   and we want to reboot and make coredump atomatically.
>I'd prefer 'xm crash' (or 'xm panic') and 'xm dump' .
>I'd prefer 'xm dump' *not* to panic by default.  It is too dangerous.

OK. I also think both are necessary.
How about the following specification?

1. xm crash
   This is only for crashing a domain.
   If enable-dump is yes, we can get the domain's core after crash.
   And If we want to atomatically reboot, we should set on_crash='restart'
   in domain configuration.

2. xm dump
   This is for live dumping a domain.
   This implementation is:
     1. pause the domain
     2. dumping the domain
     3. unpause the domain
     4. reboot (if --noreboot option, don't reboot)

     I think we want to reboot when we want to dump.
     So I want to be default reboot.

   BTW, I think the feature to online-dump domain and
   hypervisor is also necessary.(meaning online is "don't pause")

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe