Re: [Patch][RFC] Support "xm dump" (is Re: [Xen-devel] Re:[Patch]Enable "sysrq c" handler for domU coredump)

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 12:24:27AM +0900, Akio Takebe wrote:

> >   quite nicely! This could easily be morphed into the 'xm dump' command
> >- it just
> >   didn't occur to me at the time!
> >
> Your xendump command is dump feature without pause.
> In the case without pause, domain's memory is modified while dumping.
> I think both w/o and w pause are needed.

On the presumption that dumping can take quite a while, I see that not
pausing the domain can be useful. So perhaps:

        xm dump [-Lc] <dom> <filename>

Default: non-destructive, paused dump

-L: live (don't pause the domain)
-c: crash the domain