Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: xencomm in common

Hi Tristan.
Since I looked the patch very roughly, I might be wrong and parania though.

xencomm_copy_from_guest(), xencomm_copy_to_guest() converts
address, then acessses a page.
The Xen/IA64 P2M table is lockless so that the page can be freed
by another cpu and used for other purpose at the same time.
(Actually such a guest behaviour doesn't make sense, but possible.)
get_page()/put_page() are necessary to prevent such a situation.
Actually Xen/IA64's vcpu_get_domain_bundle() and
efi_translate_domain_addr() do it.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 10:15:41AM +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:

> > > I have attached a blindly-made patch again powerpc files.
> > > If ppc people could check this, I'd be happy.

> > > Taken into account in this updated patch.
> >
> > Looks better. I assume you'll resend with signed-off-by when you want these
> > applied.
> Hi,
>
> here are the signed-off-by patches for xen.
> I took the liberty to add Hollis Blanchard in signed-off-by of the first
> patch
> because he is the primary author of these files.
>
> I don't know wether or not these patches should be put off beacause of the
> freeze, but they are a no-op for x86.
>
> Tristan.

yamahata