Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] keymap support for PVFB

Hi Markus,

1. On the same machine and X display that you use to run the VNC
  viewer: use xev to figure out key symbol and scan code.

2. Instrument the vncfb backend to display the key symbol received by
  on_kbd_event() and the Linux input layer key code passed to the
  frontend.

3. Instrument the frontend to display the key symbol received from the
  backend and stuffed into the input layer (input_handler() in
  xenkbd.c).

4. In the guest, with the X display on the PVFB: use xev to figure out
  key symbol and scan code.

I tested. The result is as follows. ("\" When inputting it. )

1.               2.                 3.                   4.
keycode/keysym   keycode/scancode   event->key.keycode   keycode/keysym

  133 / 0x5c      92(0x5c)/ 115            115             176 /  0x0
  211 / 0x5c

I thought that conversion was something necessary again. Then, I saw atkbd.c again. When I saw atkbd.c before, I thought that I used only atkbd_set2_keycode. However, not only atkbd_set2_keycode but atkbd_unxlate_table was used in practice.

Then, I put the same conversion in vncfb.c. I was able to input "\".
Thanks,
-
Junko Ichino