[Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch] ARCH_HAS_DEV_MEM patch for Xwindow on IA64 machine

Hi all,

Attached patch modifies common code in files below, so I will post it
to xen-devel and xen-ia64-devel.

- drivers/xen/Kconfig
- drivers/xen/Makefile
- drivers/xen/char/mem.c

This patch makes architecture specific memory operations to be available
only if ARCH_HAS_DEV_MEM is defined.

Background why I posted the patch is as follows.

We would like to support Xwindow on IA64 by remapping machine address to
pseudo physical address at PCI device initialization (pci_acpi_scan_root()
in arch/ia64/pci/pci.c) but at "mmap /dev/mem" systemcall.
With the new scheme, we need no longer the archtecture specific memory
operations described above.

Please see
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-ia64-devel/2007-06/msg00167.html

Thanks