Re: [Xen-devel] xentrace_setmask badly broken?

Mark Williamson wrote:
1) Command line arguments to set the xentrace mask are completely ignored,
It looks like the tool just sets things up the way Xenmon needs them... This is fine but I wonder if it couldn't just be rolled into the xenbaked? If it's a necessary special-purpose tool for xenmon, it should probably be stashed away off the user's path somewhere.

As far as I can recall, Xenmon doesn't explicitly rely on the trace mask. Its only use to xenmon is if too many trace events are generated, then you can use the trace mask to reduce the volume. But I think the xenmon related trace events are numbered more-or-less sequentially, so a mask isn't very useful for picking which ones you'd like to see. But you can use the trace mask to turn off xenmon related events if you are just interested in vmx events, for instance.

Rob