Re: [Xen-devel] code read problems

Nice summary!

In part 3, you have:

  ? What does that checkpoint flag do ?

When that flag is set (through xm save -c), the domain resumes
operation after the save operation. Normally "save" destroys the
domain.

You might be interested in my presentation at xen summit 4 about
checkpointing, which goes into some detail about the save/migration
process:

http://xen.org/files/xensummit_4/talk_Cully.pdf

Since then we've increased the speed of checkpointing considerably,
but the code to do it isn't in Xen yet. We have a paper about it in
the next NSDI conference which has the details, if you're interested.