Re: [Xen-devel] pv_ops: 2.6.24.3 - no vm86_info: BAD

Ian Campbell wrote:
If I remember correctly this was due to the generic parts of the kernel
trying to use sysenter because the hypervisor claimed to support it in
32on64 mode (by setting SEP in cpuid). However the Xen kernel side code
wasn't present to support it.

Yep, that's right.

You can try booting with "nosep" on your command line or grabbing the
git changeset d40e705903397445c6861a0a56c23e5b2e8f9b9a (which I thought
had been put forward for the stable kernel but I don't see it there
now).

Yes, I should make sure that gets pushed out, along with the other bugfix.

Booting with "nosep" is a good workaround for the meantime.

Lastly you could also try b8228d191b5ff7e37525846d187807d162e30464 from
the x86.git#testing branch which actually implements sysenter support, I
don't know which other changesets that one depends on though.

I think its fairly independent of everything else.