[Xen-devel] RE: s_time going backwards on same processor?

OK, I am definitely recording stime going backwards
observed with the attached patch.  I have recorded dozens
over a few hours.  It appears to have no
obvious pattern between reports, but one thing
is consistent: In all cases, t->tsc_scale.shift
is -1.  I'll try to run some more tests over the
weekend (e.g. with different clocksources... this
is with clocksource=hpet), but thought I'd report
what I have seen.  I'm running on a dual-core single
socket ("Conroe").

Dan

P.S. If you try the patch, ensure you set
the boot parameter "measurestime".