[Xen-devel] Re: lmbench lat_mmap slowdown with CONFIG_PARAVIRT

Nick Piggin wrote:
Oh, _llc_ references/misses? Ouch.

You have, what 32K L1I, 32K L1D, and 4MB L2? And even this microbenchmark
is seeing increased L2 misses by nearly 3%. Hmm, I wonder where that is
coming from? Instruction fetches?

I assume so. There should be no extra data accesses with CONFIG_PARAVIRT (hm, there's probably some extra stack/spill traffic, but I surely hope that's not falling out of cache).