Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [pv_ops domU] 2.6.30.5 - unable to handle kernel paging request / refresh_cpu_vm_stats / vmstat_update

On 08/20/09 17:13, Jed Smith wrote:
> Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>
>> I see your bisect tested c47c1b1f3a9 as OK, so try e4d0407185.
>>
> jsmith@lindev7:~/linux-2.6$ git reset --hard e4d0407185
> HEAD is now at e4d0407 xen: use direct ops on 64-bit
>
> http://lateralus.jedsmith.org/Jeremy1/
>
> Fails as before there.  I bisected using that commit as the right side
> before, but most of the kernels I built failed to boot before the first
> printk(); I wasn't sure if there was something environmental going on.

Yes, there's a lot of stuff on that line which will not bisect well;
there were substantial changes to percpu data handling, and a change to
some of the core pvops calling conventions.  It will take care to choose
good bisection points to narrow things down.

But it also sounds like it could be on the Xen side.  Would it be
possible to try and narrow down where Xen stops breaking?