Re: [Xen-users] Strange interaction from grub2 and XEN

Marco Nenciarini ha scritto:
Boris Derzhavets ha scritto:
I switched etc/default/grub :
|   GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true
and ran:-
# update-grub
Compiled pvops kernel with built in command line:-
   root=/dev/sda(x) ro console=tty0

This is a workaround, like my dummy argument.

I'm looking for a real solution, as find where is the problem and a proper correction, or a rationale that explain what I'm doing wrong.

Kind regards,
Marco

I finally found the the root cause of this issue on grub-devel mailing list.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2009-08/msg00001.html

Now I wonder if there is any chance to make the xen hypervisor aware of this behavior change in grub2.

Kind regards,
Marco