Re: [Xen-devel] Prepping a bugfix push

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 01:10 +0000, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> On 12/03/09 16:24, Brendan Cully wrote:

> >> Is there any backtrace or other info associated with this?
> >>
> > I take it you couldn't reproduce? Let me know what you want
> > captured. In the meantime, here's the kernel log:
> >

> Nope, works for me :)  Ian has been doing testing with hundreds or
> thousands of suspend/resumes, so it *can* be reliable.

I've been doing regular suspend/resumes not checkpoint ones as Brendan
is doing, I did try a couple of checkpointed ones yesterday and they
failed, IIRC with a similar softlockup to this one.

> That said, I am seeing some odd hangs after suspend/resume with the
> bugfix branch merged into Linux mainline...

Me too, my many successful iterations were with 2.6.31 and 2.6.30 (plus
the fixes). I've also seen some hangs with 2.6.32-rc8 but they don't
look much like this one.

Ian.