Re: [Xen-devel] What is the state of blktap2?

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 17:43 -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > > Here is a little script that fixes most common problems.
> > >
> > > grep -q xenfs /etc/fstab || echo "xenfs                   /proc/xen
> > >         xenfs   defaults        0 0" >> /etc/fstab
> > > if grep -q ata_piix /etc/modprobe.conf ; then
> > >   NR=`cat /etc/modprobe.conf | grep scsi | wc -l`
> > >   grep -q pata_oldpiix /etc/modprobe.conf || echo "alias
> > > scsi_hostadapter$NR pata_oldpiix" >> /etc/modprobe.conf
> > > fi
> > > grep -q hvc /etc/inittab || echo "co:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty hvc0 9600
> > > vt100-nav" >> /etc/inittab
> > > grep -q hvc0 /etc/securetty || echo "hvc0" >> /etc/securetty
> > >

> > Is this for a domU or a dom0 pvops kernel? I didn't think that the
>
> Dom0. Thought the sections aobut /etc/inittab and seceretty can be used
> on DomU too.
> > terminal for dom0 would be changed to hvc but I'm new to this so I could
>
> It has.

I've been trying for the better part of today to get this working and I
seem to keep hitting a wall. I finally managed to get the kernel booted
but only with a serial console. I found out that some modules were
missing so that might have caused the lack of console support but now
the kernel won't boot to a prompt at all. I keep running into a null
dereference in the uhci driver. I can try to rebase Jeremy's patches
onto a newer kernel.org version but I'd first like to check to make sure
this isn't already a known problem with a solution.

Dave