Re: [Xen-devel] IOMMU and AMD 890fx

Hi!

Am 04.06.2010 08:14, schrieb Huang2, Wei:
Normally AMD will release a common BIOS module/interface to OEM vendors, who
then cherry-pick features to fit their products. I will be surprised if AMD
specifically disables IOMMU feature for ASRock.

Andre Przywara's email tells how to find out the IOMMU support in system
(device 0:0.2 and ACPI IVRS table). Please follow it and tell us your findings.

Here is the output:

ls /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/IVRS
not possible because there is no IVRS in this directory. The only files there are: AAFT APIC DSDT dynamic/ FACP FACS HPET MCFG OEMB SRAT SSDT

lspci -d 1002:5a23
There is no device with this id.

The output of the kernel at boot time is:
root@xen-01:~# dmesg |grep -i iommu
[    0.000000] Please enable the IOMMU option in the BIOS setup
[    0.817689] PCI-DMA: using GART IOMMU.
[    0.817691] PCI-DMA: Reserving 64MB of IOMMU area in the AGP aperture
root@xen-01:~#

So this means that there is really no IOMMU support on this mainboard?

 From our side, we will contact BIOS team to find out the truth. In the
meanwhile, it is necessary to compile a list of 890FX motherboards, which
support IOMMU, in Xen wiki. So people won't find a surprise in future.

I will be glad to see this list. Hope that there will be a few mainboards where it is possible to use IOMMU.

Jens