Re: [Xen-devel] Re: XEN boot hangs at ACPI: PCI Root Bridge [PCI0] (0000:00)

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 12:20:58AM +0100, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> Friday, November 12, 2010, 11:19:53 PM, you wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 09:16:35AM -0800, Neobiker wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Konrad,
> >>
> >> many folks need to use the Xenlinux Kernel due to missing features in pvops
> >> kernel...
> >> For me (neobiker), it's at a minimum pvusb for my VDR System which uses an
> >> usb device for DVB-S :-)
>
> > You could also do PCI passthrough of your USB card to the domain..
>
> I'm doing that, and it works, but there are a few pitfalls:
>     - With onboard controllers it can sometimes be hard to tell which usb
> port ends up connected to which usb controller. Some motherboards seem to
> connect them up rather randomly,so you never know which one to passthrough,
> but it can differ per motherboard.

Oh I forgot to mention. I've got the USB capture thing and I reproduced the
problem you saw
(with page_alloc failing). The issue was that I forgot to enable these two
kernel optins:

kernel.shmall = 134217728 kernel.shmmax = 134217728

in the sysctl.conf. Once that was set it worked fine. Haven't put the xHCI
controller in box yet
thought.