Re: [Xen-devel] Re: dom0 pvops crash apparently due to guest migration

On 11/30/2010 04:17 AM, Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 29/11/2010 18:53, "Jeremy Fitzhardinge" <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hm, I'm still not really sure why alloc_vm_area() does a
>> vmalloc_sync_all in the first place...  But that BUG shouldn't happen
>> regardless.
> I think vmalloc_sync_all() is required only if alloc_vm_area()'d regions are
> used as hypercall buffers. I'm not sure if they ever are, these days.

Doesn't look like it.  And it would need the buffer to be filled out by
one task and then the hypercall issued by another one, which seems unlikely.

And even if we did issue hypercalls from a vmalloc area, it shouldn't be
alloc_vm_area()'s job to make sure that works, since its a generic core
function now.