Re: [Xen-devel] on starting HVM-domU whole system freezes with "soft lockup - CPU X stuck for XXs! [qemu-dm:...]" [xen 4.0, xen 4.1]

Hi Konrad,

have tried now - but not with lvm (actually I have no lvm group here and I do not want to lvm one complete drive) but with direct assigning a partition. /dev/sdb is 80GB big.
two tries:
1st one:
virt-install --prompt
Would you like a fully virtualized guest (yes or no)? This will allow you to run unmodified operating systems. yes
 What is the name of your virtual machine? test
 How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 256
 What would you like to use as the disk (file path)? /dev/sdb3
What is the install CD-ROM/ISO or URL? /home/GWAY-4.2.15-037-BarracudaNG.iso

Machine stuck, in qemu I could see after recognizing ata0 as 80GB qemu harddisc, after some time the ata1 as virtual DVD. again after some while I could see the iso bootscreen and machine was back until pressing enter for further booting.

2nd one: to avoid file-command for iso-file:
virt-install --prompt
Would you like a fully virtualized guest (yes or no)? This will allow you to run unmodified operating systems. yes
 What is the name of your virtual machine? test
 How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 256
 What would you like to use as the disk (file path)? /dev/sdb3
What is the install CD-ROM/ISO or URL? http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5.6/os/x86_64/

After downloading boot-images machine stuck, in qemu I could see again ata0 as 80GB harddisc, after some time it tried to boot but could not find any bootable devices.

I've attached again xm dmesg and dom0 dmesg.

Thanks for your effords.

best regards
Alois