Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] insufficient quoting between "tap-ctl list" and xend/server/BlktapController.py

Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 08:51 +0000, Philipp Hahn wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Thursday 01 December 2011 19:31:04 Ian Jackson wrote:
>>
>>> Philipp Hahn writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] insufficient quoting
>>>
>> between "tap-ctl list" and xend/server/BlktapController.py"):

>>> Thanks, I have applied it.
>>>
>> Thanks for applying.
>>
>> On Thursday 01 December 2011 20:51:05 Ian Campbell wrote:
>>
>>> xend is deprecated. This ultimately means that xend will go away. If you
>>> are dependent on these features then you need put effort into ensuring
>>> that they become supported in libxl and xl.
>>>
>> For our forthcomming release of UCS-3.0 we really wanted to switch from Xend
>> to xl, but be had to switch back to using Xend, because libvirt still lacks
>> some important features like migration; see
>> <http://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html> for a comparison matrix. Back at the
>> beginning of 2011 Univention sponsored Markus Gross to work on the
>> xl-binding
>> of libvirt,
>>

> Thank you for putting your money where your mouth is here!
>

>> but after the end of his internship I have not seen that much
>> work on the xl-binding in libvirt except from Jim Fehlig.
>>

> AFAIK Jim is the main man working on this stuff. Last I heard he was
> working on migration but I don't know the status, Jim?

As you've probably noticed, I haven't had much time to devote to libxl
and the libxl libvirt driver :-(.  Migration, and some other important
but missing features, are on my todo list, but not quite sure when I'll
get back to this work.

Regards,
Jim