Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Still TODO for 4.2?

On Thu, 2012-01-19 at 21:30 +0000, Shriram Rajagopalan wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Ian Campbell
>         Debian has libnl{1,2,3} pacakges in it -- why not use them?
>

> Yes I know. I have toyed with them. The qdisc names are hardcoded in
> their libraries. So, even if one installs sch_plug (qdisc name
> "plug"), the library wont recognize it! I do have my own version of
> the library (patched) but as you said, I dont want to bundle that
> stuff with xen.

Why don't you send said patch to the libnl upstream? I'm sure once the
kernel module is in they will be interested in such a patch.

>         I must have been mistaken then. Why is your module not
>         upstream?
>

> Beats me.

Did you send it more than once?

According to http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/132315/ it is in state
"changes requested". There is a longish thread attached to the posting
so I assume it is something in there.

Just like with submitting patches to Xen you need to address any review
comments and resend patches, ping people etc, it's not just a case of
firing and forgetting a patch on a mailing list.

Ian.