Re: [Xen-devel] Paging/sharing in 4.2 (Was: Re: 4.2 TODO update)

On Mon, Mar 12, Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 12:11 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > [...]
> > tools, blockers:
> > [...]
> >       * Correct paging/sharing tools buffer mlocking (Tim, Andres, DONE)
> > [...]
> > hypervisor, nice to have:
> >       * solid implementation of sharing/paging/mem-events (using work
> >         queues) (Tim Deegan, Olaf Herring et al -- is this happening? is
> >         it DONE even?)

The last patch to use a waitqueue in __get_gfn_type_access() from Tim
works.  However, there are a few users who call __get_gfn_type_access
with the domain_lock held. This part needs to be addressed in some way.

> > tools, nice to have:
> > [...]
> >       * Configure/control paging via xl/libxl (Olaf Herring, lots of
> >         discussion around interface)
>
> Is this a reasonable summary of the state of the paging/sharing &
> friends world for 4.2? Is there anything missing?

There are indeed alot of ideas regarding the interface, and its
currently not clear to me if there is an agreement yet. Was there any
outcome where to proceed?

Olaf