Re: [Xen-devel] [HYBRID]: XEN_EMULATE_PREFIX in user process

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:04:14 -0700 (PDT)
Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 20:07 +0100, Mukesh Rathor wrote:
>
> I don't think reducing code should come at the expense of adding
> special cases for hybrid to userspace programs...
>
> I think you'll have to handle the invalid op, it can't be that much
> code, can it?

Not a whole lot of code, but other than xen-detect, just curious,
what is the possibility of any user level using XEN_EMULATE_PREFIX cpuid?
The kernel won't, since it's only the hybrid running in hvm container,
and it's modified to use native cpuid. The user level can just run
cpuid and will be trapped in vmexit handler to call pv_cpuid().

thanks,
Mukesh