Re: [Xen-devel] Xen4.2 S3 regression?

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> This was encouraging, so I tried the same change against the tree
>> tip...unfortunately that didn't go as well.
>>
>> tip + evtchn_move_pirqs() removal:
>> did not resume from the first suspend.
>
> Any logs of this (i.e. indications of what's going wrong - still
> the same AHCI not working, but else apparently fine)?

This is a bit strange, in that the observed behavior changes when I am
logging to the serial connection.

When I am logging to serial, the failure is the same as before -
The first suspend / resume works -
The second fails with AHCI not working

However, when I am not logging to serial - the system goes down, but
never comes back up. I cannot ssh in, and no graphics are displayed on
the screen. My only recourse is to hard power cycle the machine.

This, of course makes collecting logs difficult.