Re: [Xen-devel] [VTPM v6 6/8] Add autoconf to stubdom

On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 16:43 +0000, Fioravante, Matthew E. wrote:
> So the consensus is that the vtpm components are optional? I'm not
> sure I like basing the decision to build vtpm or not on the presence
> of cmake. That can lead to plenty of subtle surprises and hard to find
> build bugs for people building the same version of xen on different
> machines which may or may not have cmake installed.

This happens with lots of things when autoconf is involved, its
expected. (I mean in general not just in Xen).

If you don't want to be surprised you should add --enable-vtpm or
--disable-vtpm as appropriate.

>  I'd prefer to either enable or disable it by default and just keep
> the cmake check conditional on whether vtpm is enabled or not.
>
> If we want vtpm (and its cmake dependency) to be optional, I can just
> make it default disabled. What do you all want? Default enabled or
> disabled?

Default to building if it can be built please.

Ian.