Re: [Xen-devel] bison/flex version requirements

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] bison/flex version requirements"):
>On 13.05.13 at 16:10, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > $ bison --version
> > bison (GNU Bison) 2.4.1
> > $ flex --version
> > flex 2.5.35
> >
> > How does that compare with what you have?
>
> 2.1 and 2.5.31.

Looking at the changelog for flex:

We depend on `yylex_init_extra' which was introduced in flex 2.5.34
released in December 2007.

2.5.34 also fixes some memory leaks which may be relevant.

Bison version 2.1 is from February 2006.

Having read the changelog I think the latest thing we definitely need
is this:
        Finish implementation of per-type %destructor/%printer.
from 2006-09-04, released in version 2.3a, but a user would very
likely want bugfixes (eg memory leak fixes) that are later than that.

Ian.