Re: [Xen-devel] PCI passthrough problems after XSA46 patch

On 05/15/2013 08:50 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 15.05.13 at 09:24, Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/15/2013 08:06 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 14.05.13 at 21:30, Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bad news, I'm afraid - I still get error "22, invalid argument" with
this patch.

It would of course help to know precisely where this error is being
observed, the more that the xend change alone was reported to
convert the original EINVAL into EEXIST in another place.

Not sure what you mean. It's observed when running
xm start $guestname

Which logs would you like me to attach?

xend.log and xend-debug.log, but ideally only the parts that in fact
relate to a run with the newly built bits (so that I won't have to guess
which pieces are from still running with the unpatched code).

Also, with the logs having no way for me to see that you actually
built and installed binaries with the patch in place, please double
check that you actually did (just to avoid chasing a phantom).

OK, here goes.

The 4.2.1-7 rpm I am testing against (closest to the 4.2.1-6 that works for me) no longer appears to be in the CRC repository here:
http://uk1.mirror.crc.id.au/repo/el6/SRPMS/

In the spec files, the patches applied are as follows:

Patch35: xend-pci-loop.patch
Patch48: qemu-xen.tradonly.patch

Patch50: xsa34-4.2.patch
Patch51: xsa35-4.2.patch
Patch52: xsa36-4.2.patch
Patch53: xsa38-v3.patch
Patch54: xsa47-4.2.patch
Patch55: xsa44-4.2.patch
Patch56: xsa46-4.2.patch
Patch57: xsa46-fix.patch

The xsa46-fix patch is the one you provided on 14/05 (two lines replaced, in xc_physdev_map_pirq, and one in class PciController(DevController).

Attached is the build log to verify that the patch was being applied.
Compressed with xz because the uncompressed file is 6.5MB.

Trying to start the domU:
# xm start edi
Error: (22, 'Invalid argument')
Usage: xm start <DomainName>

xm debug-keys izq; xm dmesg
output attached.

xend.log and xend-debug.log also attached.

Two consecutive startups attempted, hence why there are two entries in the logs.

Gordan