Re: [Xen-devel] Early ACPI events prevent subsequent ACPI functionality on xen 4.3 + HVM domU

>--On 22 May 2013 10:21:44 +0100 George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:

>>> The second problem is that ACPI shutdown appears not to work reliably
>>> either (whenever issued).
>>
>> I'll have another look today, but it seemed fairly reliable to me.
>> Just to double-check -- you are issuing the ACPI commands after the VM
>> has come all the way up, right?  Or are you issuing them early during
>> boot, like you were for the xl shutdown commands?
>
>I believe Diana has tried both. Diana?

I have tested both cases with Ubuntu.
Sending the trigger is reliable if you wait for boot to fully complete.
However, if I issue it during boot it does not get executed. Any subsequent
triggers do not get executed as well until one is sent when the vm has fully
booted.

--
Diana Crisan