Re: [Xen-devel] Bug: Limitation of <=2GB RAM in domU persists with 4.3.0

On Thu, 2013-07-25 at 23:23 +0100, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> Now, if I am understanding the basic nature of the problem correctly,
> this _could_ be worked around by ensuring that vBAR = pBAR since in that
> case there is no room for the mis-mapped memory overwrites to occur. Is
> that correct?

AIUI (which is not very well...) it's not so much vBAR=pBAR but making
the guest e820 (memory map) have the same MMIO holes as the host so that
there can't be any clash between v- or p-BAR and RAM in the guest.

> I guess I could test this easily enough by applying the vBAR = pBAR hack.

Does the e820_host=1 option help? That might be PV only though, I can't
remember...

Ian.