Re: [Xen-devel] Crashing kernel with dom0/libxc gnttab/gntshr

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Vincent Bernardoff <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:41:20 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:41:38 +0000

On 30/07/2013 11:59, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 2013-07-30 at 11:50 +0100, Vincent Bernardoff wrote:
>Hi,
>
>The attached program makes my kernel (3.9.9-1-ARCH, stock Archlinux
>kernel) crash with the attached dmesg output.
The dmesg output seems to start halfway through a crash message, which
means it is missing the PC etc and may not be the first crash in any
case.

Please could you configure a serial console and try and capture the
first crash message in its entirety. Bonus points if you can avoid
linewrapping the dmesg too ;-)

>The program just shares a page from dom0 to dom0,
Not just from dom0 to dom0 but actually within the same process. I'm not
sure that matters but it is a bit unusual. Are you able to repro this
with two separate processes acting as front vs. backend?

The reason I ask is that it isn't clear if the crash is the process with
its front or back "hat" on, separating the two out would be useful.

Here is the updated version, with a program that calls fork() and here is a better dmesg dump as well. The faulty program is the server (sharer).

Vincent