Re: [Xen-devel] pvgrub2 is merged

Il 26/11/2013 19:12, Andrey Borzenkov ha scritto:
Ð Tue, 26 Nov 2013 18:58:47 +0100
Fabio Fantoni <fabio.fantoni@xxxxxxx> ÐÐÑÐÑ:

I have also another question:
Is possible specify multiple path where search the grub.cfg for support
all mainly distributions and add a custom cfg path support taking it
from arguments?

You can do something like

if search --set root --file /boot/grub2/grub.cfg ; then
   configfile /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
elif search --set root --file /boot/grub/grub.cfg ; then
   configfile /boot/grub/grub.cfg
elif ...
fi

I tried with this:
cat > boot/grub/grub.cfg <<EOF
insmod lvm
insmod ext2
insmod part_msdos
insmod part_gpt
if search --set root --file /boot/grub2/grub.cfg ; then
  configfile /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
elif search --set root --file /boot/grub/grub.cfg ; then
  configfile /boot/grub/grub.cfg
fi
EOF

But it's not working and it prints this line indefinitely in loop:
error: no such device: /boot/grub2/grub.cfg.

I also tried with only these lines instead of conditions:
search -s root -f /boot/grub/grub.cfg
configfile /boot/grub/grub.cfg

But all I get is the line "Welcome to GRUB!" followed by a white screen on xl console.

I don't know what else to try :(

Thanks for any reply.

If xen provides way to pass arguments to kernel, it sure could be
implemented as arguments to grub. Actually someone asked for a way to
pass arguments to grub on EFI, so this could share implementation.