Re: [Xen-devel] About Gsoc 2014 - Xen Project

Hi

On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 04:39:01PM +0800, haofeng hua wrote:
>     Hello, all of you.
>     It's great to know that the Xen Project has applied as a Mentoring
> Organization of Gsoc 2014.
>     I am a postgraduate and I'm now doing some research on the scheduler of
> Xen hypervisor.
> So I am ready to hacking the Xen code. But I have no experience of open
> source development
> though I am curious and enthusiastic about it. I want to participate in
> Gsoc 2014 and work on one of
> these Xen projects as my first step to open source development.

Thank you for your interest!

>     I am interested in several projects which listed in the Gsoc-Xen page
> and I don't know how to pick
> one. It is said that a few Xen maintainers used to be Gsoc students but I
> don't know how to contact
> them.
>     Please give me some advices.

There's no need to ask for specific maintainer.

A good place to start would be http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/GSoc_2014. You
can find lots of information there. Choose project(s) and contact
respective mentor for more information. If you have your own idea, you
can write it up and post it to xen-devel.

Wei.